Day Pitney is seeking an attorney in the Hartford office with 1 - 3 years of transactional experience who is interested in the energy industry. We are open to considering an entry-level associate with a strong interest in energy transactional work. This attorney would assist on energy transactions, including M&A, equity participation, loans, joint ventures, negotiation and drafting of contracts, including power purchase agreements, energy services agreements, engineering, procurement and construction arrangements, and related arrangements associated with the development of energy and infrastructure projects and supporting off-take arrangements. The ideal candidate should have excellent technical, professional and client service skills. In addition, excellent academic credentials and written and oral communication skills are required. Admission to the Connecticut bar or willingness to become admitted is required.
Please apply online to Jill Little at https://www.daypitney.com/careers/jobs/energy-associate-h
Investment Management/Private Funds Associate
Day Pitney is seeking associate with 5-10 years of strong investment management and private funds experience to join the Corporate team in our Stamford, CT office. We offer opportunities for candidates looking to grow their practice through involvement in sophisticated work in a collaborative environment. Specific experience should include:
· Practice focused on formation and structuring of private investment funds, onshore and offshore funds, including hedge funds, fund of funds, fund of fund managers, private equity funds, commodity pools, venture capital funds, real estate funds and other private investment funds
· Counseling investment managers on federal securities laws, including Investment Advisers act compliance, Securities Act (Regulation D and Regulation S) and 3(c) exclusions under Investment Company Act
· Counseling advisers on compliance with Commodities Exchange Act (CEA)
· Experience with registering as an investment adviser under the Advisers Act, registration as a commodity pool operator and commodity trading adviser under the CEA as well as perfecting applicable exemptions for such advisers
· Experience drafting investment management agreements, PPMs, operating agreements and limited partnership agreements, subscription agreements, and side letters
· Counseling clients in connection with the preparation of GP and Investment Manager operative agreements including structuring incentive compensation and other employee benefits
· Partnership tax experience and negotiating ISDA confirmations/prime brokerage agreements a plus
Ideal candidates should have excellent technical, professional and client service skills, and must possess excellent academic credentials and strong written and oral communication skills. Appropriate bar admission (or eligibility to obtain admission promptly) is also required.
Please apply online to Jill Little at https://www.daypitney.com/careers/jobs/investment-management-pf-associate-s